Arts for All
Our Arts for All organizations work to ensure cultural opportunities flourish throughout the borough, providing access, enlightenment, and enjoyment to people of all ages and backgrounds. They do this by:
- Serving Brooklynites with diverse interests by supporting the outreach efforts of local arts and cultural organizations.
- Integrating the arts into schools and after-school programs.
- Promoting collaborations that employ the arts to address pressing community issues.
Our Caring Neighbor organzations work to support families, seniors, the disabled, and other individuals who face immediate or long-term threats of hunger, homelessness, social isolation, or unmet health needs. They do this by:
- Offering paths out of poverty by supporting the work of emergency food providers and human services agencies.
- Providing access to care for unaddressed physical or mental health needs in accessible community settings.
- Ensuring that homeless individuals and families can access safe temporary shelter and support services.
Our Community Development organzations work to help stabilize and enhance neighborhoods with affordable housing and workforce development programs. They do this by:
- Strengthening and preserve access to affordable housing in Brooklyn neighborhoods.
- Raising individual and family income by providing Brooklyn residents access to quality job training, career placement and financial support services.
- Building the local economy by supporting neighborhood entrepreneurs and local efforts to improve our retail corridors.
Education and Youth Achievement
Our Education and Youth Achievement organzations work to provide children with quality schools and extracurricular activities, mentoring, literacy programs, English-language literacy, and continuing education programs. They do this by:
- Combining tutoring, academic support networks, and enrichment activities to advance student achievement.
- Encouraging action-oriented, youth-led community projects that promote collaboration, leadership development, and critical thinking.
- Building bridges between youth and trusted, responsible adult role models through effective mentoring programs.
Our Green Communities organzations work to increase and sustain open space and waterfront access, encourages green practices, and helps create job opportunities in the expanding green economy. They do this by:
- Encouraging the protection and creation of open space, parks and community gardens.
- Seeking new ways to introduce and encourage environmental awareness in all neighborhoods through grassroots programming.
- Training job seekers for green careers and connect them to employment opportunities.