Communications Intern - Fall 2018
Brooklyn Community Foundation is seeking a communications and social media intern to join our Communications team on a part-time basis starting September 2018.
The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, as well as dynamic writing and content development skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to web projects (writing, video, and photography), monitoring and posting to the Foundation’s blog and social networks, participating in online outreach and promotion, and optimizing our website. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with a mission-driven organization are encouraged to apply. This position reports to the Foundation’s VP of Communications and Strategy.
About Brooklyn Community Foundation
Brooklyn Community Foundation is the first and only foundation solely dedicated to New York City’s largest borough. We are on a mission to spark lasting social change, mobilizing people, capital, and expertise for a fair and just Brooklyn.
Since its founding in 2009, Brooklyn Community Foundation has provided over $35 million in grants to more than 300 nonprofits through its Community Fund and Donor Advised Fund program. The Foundation’s innovative community-led approach stems from Brooklyn Insights, a project that engaged nearly 1,000 residents across Brooklyn whose ideas resulted in three core strategies focused on Youth, Neighborhoods, and the Nonprofit Sector. In 2015, the Foundation won the prestigious Impact Award from the National Committee for Response Philanthropy in honor of this work.
- Work with the Foundation’s VP of Communications and Strategy to create and implement campaigns
- Create engaging blog and social media content
- Develop weekly and monthly content calendars
- Monitor analytics and campaign performance
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
- Provide support at events
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communications or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in social media/marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Fluency with Photoshop, Video editing programs, HTML, Drupal and/or WordPress
How to Apply
Please send a short cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 24, 2018.